Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Welcome to Mr. North and remember your water cycles for tomorrow!

Hello everyone, here I am! For starters, I would like to welcome Mr. North to Advisory 62! Parents, if you haven't heard, Mr. North is my student teacher for the next nine weeks. I strongly believe in mentoring, and I am looking forward to working with Mr. North as a pre-service teacher. It is hard for me to let go of keeping this awesome class all to myself, but I know that Mr. North has a lot of exciting plans, we will do some team teaching, and, with two of us, we will be able to engage in more small group work and local field trips - I'm excited! Speaking of field trips, we will be going to Goldstream Park on Thursday October 24th. This field trip will tie in with our science curriculum, as well as simply getting us outdoors, connecting us to the natural world, and teaching us about indigenous plants. Mr. Mark Albany will be leading us on a hike in the woods, after we bake some bannock on a fire. We will need some parent drivers so I'm hoping with this advance warning some of you may be able to make arrangements to accompany us. I will send home a permission slip later this week. We also have some swimming dates coming up (see upcoming dates)- please mark your calendars for those as well. We are delving into all of our subjects now - students you have done a great job of settling in to middle school. We are working on punctuality and being prepared, and it's coming along well. Parents and guardians I'm looking forward to an opportunity next week to meet with as many of you as possible, to share insights into your children's learning at this early time of year, and to hear from you what "makes your child tick". Please make sure you call the school office (250-598-3336) to book a time. Water cycle scientific illustrations due tomorrow (Wednesday) students!! And finally, thank you all again for your thoughtful inquiries into Bogey's health! He is doing quite well - still fighting an immune disorder that is making his little body work very hard, but despite some ups and downs he is definitely feeling better. He's getting lots of attention and spoiling (as usual!), and he stays close to my side. I was thrilled that he managed a little walk on the beach today!

No comments:

Post a Comment