Thursday, December 11, 2014

Hello Everyone, I apologize for the length of time between now and the last post. I was felled by a nasty virus which I still am fighting, and the last couple of weeks I've been working on report cards - it's a busy time. We've been working hard, so it was nice yesterday and today to sit back and relax and watch our amazing students perform in the winter concert. I hope parents and guardians had an opportunity to attend this morning or tonight - it was wonderful. Even though the holiday approaches, we are in second term now and there is much to do. However, next Friday we will celebrate the hard work and learning that has taken place, with a potluck breakfast in Advisory, skating in the morning, and Spirit Day in the afternoon. Students, if you haven't already signed up to bring enough finger food to share with 8 - 10 other students, please do so! I will supply the drinks. Tomorrow (Friday December 12) report cards go home. Please remember that a C, C+, and B are all great marks, that mean each student is meeting expectations. Due to the late start this year, and that we spend a great deal of the first few weeks acclimatizing to middle school routines, most of my assessment has been on day to day work, effort, and evidence of THINKING! I hope you all got out excellent "Just Right" books today - remember that if you haven't finished Ma Famille yet, it's due Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment